National stop sell – the end of ISDN nears. By December 2025 all PSTN lines in the UK will be switched off, with companies that did not transition to digital solution being left without the service. This is according to the BT plan, which was announced in 2015/16. The alternative to the copper lines is a VoIP system, a solution that transmits calls and data using an internet connection. By the end of 2025, all business phone systems will become digital.
What does it mean for your business?
If your business still relies on PSTN-based telephone systems, now is the time to switch to VoIP. There are a lot of things to consider before switching and it will take time to find a telecom provider that fits your business requirements. The earlier preparation will ensure:
- Your business will not get disrupted due to PSTN switching off
- The new VoIP solution will fit your business needs
- Your staff, suppliers, and customers will be supported during this phase
There are three stages of planning a migration to VoIP:
- Analyze your business communication system to understand your needs
- Determine which areas could be improved with a new telephone system
- Prepare hardware, staff, and customers for migration
There are some common mistakes to avoid:
- Poor network performance leads new VoIP system to unstable work
- Staff are not aware of the new system’s features and not using VoIP to the fullest; meanwhile, businesses are still paying money for this feature
- Business disruption due to poor migration planning
Luckily, Touch Blue can help you to avoid all these mistakes. We are a Telecommunications specialist that supplies and installs communication equipment for businesses of any scale across the UK. We work with the leading technology providers in the world to ensure we deliver a bespoke, industry-leading voice & data platform. Using our expertise, experience & buying power to offer the very best technology to our customers, giving you peace of mind that a Touch Blue solution will be robust and grow with your business.